A balanced diet is a cornerstone of health. Women have different daily nutritional requirements then men and they need special nutrition needs at each stage of life. Here are the required balanced diet for women.
Balanced Diet for women: Tips for eating well
• Eating right :- Nutrients rich food provide energy for women’s busy lives and help them to reduce the risk of diseases. They have to choose a variety of vegetables including beans and peas. They should also eat a variety of fruits and grains in their daily diet.
• Three times meal in a day:- Taking three meals in a day is necessary to keep ourselves healthy. Eating breakfast is a must as eating a hearty breakfast is essential to restore blood sugar.
• Iron- rich food:- Iron is one of the key of good health. Food that provides iron include meat , chicken , turkey , pork , fish and others. Iron rich food enhance the energy level in women.
•Protein rich food :- Eat different types of foods with protein, including seafood, lean meats, poultry, eggs, legumes (beans and peas), nuts, seeds, and soy products. Most women do not eat enough amount of protein throughout the day or week which causes weakness and bllury vision.
• Floating during the reproductive years:- When women reach childbearing age , they need to eat folate to help to decrease the risk of birth defects.
•Calcium rich food:- For healthy bones and teeth , women should eat a variety of calcium rich foods every day. Calcium keeps bones strong and help to reduce the risk of bone related diseases.
• Drink up :- Many women don’t drink a lot of water throughout the day. For being healthy , women should drink a lot of water. It also reduces the chance of obesity and weight gain.
• Vitamin – D requirements:- An adequate amount of vitamin D is also needed when women gets older. Good source of vitamin D include fish , egg , milk and milk products.
• Avoid alcohol and smoking:- Women should avoid intake of Alcohol and smoking as these products cause diseases like cancer and they have an inverse effect in their day to day life.
• Avoid excess of saturated fat and sugars:- Women should avoid excess added sugars and saturated fat. It increases the cholesterol level and also increase the risk for heart disease and stroke.
Since women typically have less muscle, more body fat and are smaller than men, they need fewer calories to maintain a healthy body weight and activity level. Women who are more physically active may require more calories.
The above tips will help in maintaining themselves and apart from diet physical activity is an important part of a woman’s health. Regular activity helps with muscle strength, balance, flexibility and stress management.
Also read: How to cure depression
comment below for your questions and reviews.