Inclusive environment is that environment where all the people stand at the same place together without any discrimination of race, religion, caste etc. The inclusive environment gives opportunity to people to talk, respect build new relationships and know each other. In an Inclusive environment everyone should have the opportunity to express their views in front of everyone. In inclusive environment we start seeing the world through others perspective and give freedom or liberty to different ideas so that no one will feel discriminated or inequality.
Importance of Inclusive environment-
Inclusive environment is very important because all people became part of one team and develop a sense of belongingness towards each other. It also provides better opportunities of learning because children are able to share their views to each other as well as to their leader or teacher.
In an inclusive environment, people of all culture, religion, caste, race can freely express their views who they are, where they belong to, their opinions and they can fully participate in any activity without feeling discriminated. They have better opportunity in an inclusive environment to learn new things, meet different peoples, work in a social setting, play with their age mates.
- Inclusive environment should be motivated among all the peoples because it will give opportunity to a disabled or a non disabled children to express their views and there problem can be solved in an inclusive environment easily.
Role of a teacher –
One thing is most important in a inclusive classroom that teacher participate in the activities, talk with the children and motivate them to share their problems with the children as well as to talk to them about their problem so that there is a two way communication. Also children will feel better if they share their problems with the teacher or their fellow classmates. There are varieties of inclusive children some are physically disabled but there are a lot of varieties of inclusive children like culturally disadvantaged ,socially disadvantaged and slow learners.
Benefit of inclusive environment
- There is benefit of inclusiveness to both the children who are disabled or who are not disabled they can share their problems, build new relationships and new friends. Nowadays people judge each other, pass bad comments to each other, it affects the mind of the other person.
- Inclusive environment helps the student as they can share their problem so it will also affect their health because it reduces the level of stress they have. Nowadays, children are facing the problem of depression so they go to a doctor and what the doctor suggest is that tell about your problem to me .Doctor tell their parents to talk to their children and enjoy your life with your children ,motivate him in his work, don’t force him to do anything. Depression leads to bad effect to the health .
- A solution for depression can also be inclusive environment because everyone has the opportunity to express their views regarding anything like many children face discrimination according to a race or their caste. It happens in school as well. Children call each other according to their race like he is looking like black pig and in case of caste seniors bully the children with lower caste. It is well prominent in India we can see in any school or in the society as well.
- In an inclusive environment a student can say to a teacher that what all this things happen to him and what he feels about that thing and the teacher can give solutions what to do.
Role of family/parents –
Motivation can lead to have a better life. Family or parents also player greater role in inclusive environment because they teach their children how to behave and respect another person. All the habits are transferred from parents to their children. Family play a major role in inclusive environment if a student is in depression or he is very naughty so it is also because of the family he is living in. All the circumstances, situations that he has faced and his family also reflects in the behavior of the child that how they behave with each other, how they talk to each other and what they think about each other.
Inclusive environment is a solution of many problems-
Inclusive environment means including all the people in the decision making process in workplace, in classroom, in any place. It is necessary to have an inclusive environment because people are facing so many problems if they are ignored by someone it leads to bad behavior.
- Depression, stress, small ignorance all this leads to bad behavior. So inclusive environment provides the opportunity to that people who are very shy or they are limited to themselves .
- Inclusiveness provides a positive climate, a sense of belongingness and provides emotional, social, academic or personal support as well to the person participating in the activities.
Types of disability-
Children can have many types of disability like autism, he can be deaf, dumb, blind, physically disable, socially disadvantage and he can also be a slow learner. So all these types of people need an inclusive environment because they feel very alone in their family or the place they visit. People judge them like he is physically disable and give him sympathy and all. if they have an inclusive environment then they will sit with the children who also have same disabilities so it helps a lot to the children .
Nowadays, inclusive school are also open to the students with the above mentioned disabilities and they can join inclusive school. It will groom their personality, confidence, they will learn new things from each other, they will start participating in other activities as well like sports, co-curricular activities etc. Inclusive education also changes the mindset of the children as well as the teacher towards each other and towards the community.